- Job Reference
- Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
- Job Description
- Post Code
- NE21 4AG
- Job Copy
To lead the care team during any allotted span of duty, ensuring that the personal care of the residents is maintained on a daily basis according to individual needs and capabilities.
To actively promote and encourage as much personal independence and choice as possible in the activities of daily living undertaken by the residents within the Care Home.
To act as the Company's representative on site, promoting the Company's image and ensuring compliance with all statutory regulations regarding Care homes
- To ensure that the care, welfare and safety of all residents in the Care home is of the highest possible standard, taking responsibility for adherence to statutory regulations.
- To promote and maintain good interpersonal relationships between staff/residents and staff/relatives.
- To be responsible for the admission of any new residents to the Home for the purpose of assessment/evaluation, and establishment of a good mutual relationship.
- To be responsible for a physical/psychological assessment of new residents on admission to Homes.
- To institute individualised care plans.
- To institute individual therapy plans, in consultation with other health professionals as appropriate.
- To update existing care plans for every resident according to changes in the status of the resident on a daily basis.
- To be aware of psychological change in residents and report such to the Home Manager or Deputy Manager.
- To disseminate any relevant information regarding new or existing residents where appropriate, remembering the principles of confidentiality.
- To be responsible for the safe administration and recording of all medication prescribed by the resident's medical practitioner.
- To be responsible for the custody and safe dispersal of all medication brought into the Home, by either residents or the pharmacist.
- To act as advocate as and when appropriate.
- To ensure that all Care UK policies and procedures are carried out in accordance with current care practices.
- To liaise with visiting members of the medical and associated professions who may visit the Care home and record outcome of the same, and ensure that prescribed or recommended treatment is carried out.
- To liaise with relatives as appropriate and record outcome of same.
- To supervise all dietary needs of residents as appropriate and ensure that individual requirements are met as far as possible.
- To ensure a safe and comfortable environment for the residents and to make the Care home as stimulating and attractive to live in as possible.
- To be responsible for the care and protection of patients' property.
- Observe requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 where applicable.
- To be familiar with the location of all documents appertaining to statutory requirements that you may be required to show in inspecting bodies.
- To be available at all times to discuss any queries or concerns that anyone wishes to raise within the Home.
- To ensure that confidential information regarding residents, and staff received from the Home Manager and Deputy Manager is safeguarded.
- To ensure that the welfare, morale and safety of all Care personnel in the Home is of the highest standard.
- To be involved in any staff training/teaching orientation programmes as required, and to take an active interest in promoting new concepts of care after consultation with the Home Manager and Deputy Manager.
- To attend such training programmes/courses as are available and necessary to keep up to date and further existing knowledge.
- To inform the Home Manager and Deputy Manager of the condition/progress of all residents on a daily basis.
- To seek advice from the Home Manager and Deputy Manager if in any doubt about policy/procedure to be followed on any untoward occurrence in the nursing home.
- To ensure that the Company's image is projected in the appropriate way, by promoting the professional appearance/manner of all members of the home team.
- It may be necessary to assist in the recruitment of staff for the home as directed by the Home Manager and Deputy Manager and in accordance with the Company's procedures.
- Maintain efficient control and use of contract, bank and agency staff ensuring that staffing levels are in accordance with Company policy.
- Instigate investigation into complaints or accidents involving residents and/or staff.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory requirements in record keeping, documentation, time, health and safety and security as detailed in the Company's policies.
- Ensure that any non-nursing home personnel including contractors are monitored.
- Ensure that the correct supplies are purchased from the nominated supplier.
- To undertake any specific duties as delegated by the Home Manager and Deputy Manager on an ad hoc basis.
- Due to the nature of this post there will be a requirement to undertake duties which may initially appear to be outside the remit of this job description, and may involve additional working hours. These are to be undertaken on an ad hoc basis as delegated by the Home Manager and Deputy Manager.
- Where you'll work
Hadrian House in Gateshead is a warm and welcoming care home.
In fact, residents and their families often compare us to a hotel (just take a look at our testimonials)
We offer cosy and inviting lounges, beautifully furnished ensuite bedrooms, delicious meals and plenty of fun activities, and underpinning it all is our commitment to superb care.
At Hadrian House we provide a wide range of care for older people, from short respite stays to give family carers some well-deserved time off, through to full time residential care.
When you set foot inside Hadrian House we think you’ll be surprised by the happy atmosphere here. As soon as we know a person will be joining us, we start getting to know them. This goes beyond their physical needs, to their personality, what they like to do, where they used to live, their hobbies and interests. Then we set about creating a care plan that’s unique to them.
We plan activities around their interests. We create menus to include the dishes they enjoy. And if someone wants to get involved in helping out around the home, then they’re more than welcome to help us to water plants, do some recycling or lay the table for dinner. It all adds up to an environment where residents feel involved, cared for – and happy.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.