- Job Reference
- Ascot, Berkshire
- Job Description
- Post Code
- SL5 7EG
- Job Copy
Help our residents maintain active and independent lives through the creation and delivery of individualised activity plans based on their interests, abilities and life experience.
Full time, occasional weekend and evening work required.
- To build friendships with our residents that help them adjust to life in a care home
- Work with residents, their friends and family members, to build individual lifestyle histories and, using these, create ongoing plans in our electronic resident records, ensuring these are updated daily to evidence delivery
- On a monthly basis review the plan with the resident and relatives and adjust if necessary
- Create a weekly schedule of meaningful occupation for each resident, personalised to their likes, dislikes, needs and abilities, helping them to try new things and continue to take part in the hobbies and activities that make them who they are
- Create and maintain a schedule of group activities tailored to residents to run alongside one-to-one sessions, enabling residents to take part in communal activities as well as individual hobbies as per their wishes
- Update the resident’s personalised diary on a weekly basis with details of the activities they’ve undertaken, including photos, comments and feedback, that can be kept by residents as a record of what they have achieved as well as shared with their friends, family and the home team
- Build relationships with relatives, friends and advocates in order make sure you understand the person, and that the relatives understand how you are supporting the resident
- To build relationships with the local community , inviting them into the home to take part or run events and help residents maintain their hobbies
- To establish and run a ‘Friends of’ the home - a group of relatives, friends and neighbours from the community who are keen to be active participants in the life of the home
- Develop strong and continuing relationships with colleagues to enable the sharing of ideas and information, ensuring you are all working as a team to provide a safe and fulfilling experience within the home for every resident
- Enable our residents to stay in touch with friends and family by visits, phone, Skype, letters and email
- Support our residents to make trips outside of the home, encouraging relatives and friends to join in, as well as building links with local groups to encourage them into the home, facilitating the position of the home as part of the local community
- Actively seek feedback on the activity provision in the home, including running a resident forum and in house customer satisfaction programmes
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties
- To attend appropriate training courses and/or programmes to enhance personal and professional knowledge and skills
- To undergo the necessary training to become a ‘Dementia Friend’
- Where you'll work
Larkland House care home in Ascot provides excellent care in lovely surroundings.
The dedicated and experienced team in our purpose-built care home in Ascot, Berkshire, offers a range of care options for older people, including residential, nursing and respite care including for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Being an established care home, Larkland House has developed a great reputation for delivering the highest standards of care.
Flexibility is important – in caring for older people and in supporting their families and carers. We are very happy to care for people on a short term basis, giving their carers a break so they can enjoy a holiday or just have some time to themselves. Short term care may also be a useful solution if a person is recovering from a stay in hospital and needs more intensive support than their family carers feel they can provide.
There’s lots of space at Larkland House. All our bedrooms are lovely and big and residents are welcome to add their own personal touches to their rooms. We’re even open to people bringing small pets with them.
We’ve recently opened a brand new nursing dementia floor with 14 spacious and beautifully decorated rooms for older people living with dementia. All the rooms are en-suite and have lots of space for relaxing.
Larkland House care home also has beautiful gardens, including a secure area where residents can help out with some gardening if they like, or simply sit and enjoy a cup of tea in the fresh air. We’re in a great semi-rural location but still conveniently close to all of the shops and amenities of Ascot high street.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.