- Job Reference
- Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
- Job Description
- Post Code
- NE21 4AG
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Role Highlights
Hadrian Park are currently looking to recruit bank care assistants to join their team!
- Job Copy
If you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding job with excellent training and great opportunities, join Care UK and make a real difference.
Are you interested in gaining access to your wages as you work? Care UK has a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay and is one of the many reasons to join the Care UK family.
Care Assistants at Care UK come from all walks of life, healthcare, support work, domiciliary, hospitality, retail, education and many others. We are looking for caring people to join the Care UK team who share the same values as us: care, passion and teamwork. You will have a strong desire to help people and put the residents at the heart of everything you do.
New to Care?
We have our own Learning Academy to provide excellent training and induction programs for all new staff members, meaning we will give you all the tools and knowledge you need to have a successful career with us. Our high quality, innovative training and coaching will support the development of your skills throughout your career with us.
We see the potential in everyone, let us help fulfil yours.
Here's what you can benefit from working with Care UK:
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay
- Award Winning Care Provider (Residential Care Provider of the Year - Health Investor Awards 2022 & more)
- Long service awards
- Discounted gym membership
- Concerts for Carers (apply for free tickets to concerts at a various venues)
- Competitive refer a friend bonus
- GEM Awards - we recognise colleagues who go the extra mile
- Career development, training and access to our approved apprenticeship scheme
- Hundreds of online and in-store discounts
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Annual purchase holiday scheme
- Wellbeing support
- Pension contribution
- Free uniform
- Access to PPE
- Weekly Covid testing
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping residents to remain as active and independent as possible
- Respecting residents’ rights of choice, privacy and dignity
- Support residents with personal care and mealtimes.
- Working as part of a team to identify residents’ unique goals and implement personalised care plans.
- Working flexibly to help residents explore new interests, engage in physical activities, and make sure they enjoy themselves in a stimulating and homely environment.
So, if you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding career, please click the apply button to speak to one of our team for more information.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers
- Where you'll work
Hadrian House in Gateshead is a warm and welcoming care home.
In fact, residents and their families often compare us to a hotel (just take a look at our testimonials)
We offer cosy and inviting lounges, beautifully furnished ensuite bedrooms, delicious meals and plenty of fun activities, and underpinning it all is our commitment to superb care.
At Hadrian House we provide a wide range of care for older people, from short respite stays to give family carers some well-deserved time off, through to full time residential care.
When you set foot inside Hadrian House we think you’ll be surprised by the happy atmosphere here. As soon as we know a person will be joining us, we start getting to know them. This goes beyond their physical needs, to their personality, what they like to do, where they used to live, their hobbies and interests. Then we set about creating a care plan that’s unique to them.
We plan activities around their interests. We create menus to include the dishes they enjoy. And if someone wants to get involved in helping out around the home, then they’re more than welcome to help us to water plants, do some recycling or lay the table for dinner. It all adds up to an environment where residents feel involved, cared for – and happy.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.