- Job Reference
- Enfield, Greater London
- Job Description
- Post Code
- N21 1TG
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Role Highlights
Activities Coordinator - Full Time
Elizabeth Lodge, Enfield, N21 1TG
£8.91 per hour
- Job Copy
Help our residents maintain active and independent lives through the creation and delivery of individualised activity plans based on their interests, abilities and life experience.
Full time, occasional weekend and evening work required.
- To build friendships with our residents that help them adjust to life in a care home
- Work with residents, their friends and family members, to build individual lifestyle histories and, using these, create ongoing plans in our electronic resident records, ensuring these are updated daily to evidence delivery
- On a monthly basis review the plan with the resident and relatives and adjust if necessary
- Create a weekly schedule of meaningful occupation for each resident, personalised to their likes, dislikes, needs and abilities, helping them to try new things and continue to take part in the hobbies and activities that make them who they are
- Create and maintain a schedule of group activities tailored to residents to run alongside one-to-one sessions, enabling residents to take part in communal activities as well as individual hobbies as per their wishes
- Update the resident’s personalised diary on a weekly basis with details of the activities they’ve undertaken, including photos, comments and feedback, that can be kept by residents as a record of what they have achieved as well as shared with their friends, family and the home team
- Build relationships with relatives, friends and advocates in order make sure you understand the person, and that the relatives understand how you are supporting the resident
- To build relationships with the local community , inviting them into the home to take part or run events and help residents maintain their hobbies
- To establish and run a ‘Friends of’ the home - a group of relatives, friends and neighbours from the community who are keen to be active participants in the life of the home
- Develop strong and continuing relationships with colleagues to enable the sharing of ideas and information, ensuring you are all working as a team to provide a safe and fulfilling experience within the home for every resident
- Enable our residents to stay in touch with friends and family by visits, phone, Skype, letters and email
- Support our residents to make trips outside of the home, encouraging relatives and friends to join in, as well as building links with local groups to encourage them into the home, facilitating the position of the home as part of the local community
- Actively seek feedback on the activity provision in the home, including running a resident forum and in house customer satisfaction programmes
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties
- To attend appropriate training courses and/or programmes to enhance personal and professional knowledge and skills
- To undergo the necessary training to become a ‘Dementia Friend’
- Where you'll work
Elizabeth Lodge is a very welcoming purpose-designed care home with a great location in Enfield, Greater London.
We provide personalised residential, nursing and respite care for older people, including individuals who have Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. We also offer supportive and compassionate end of life care.
Our experienced team gives each resident the highest possible standards of care. We work with residents and their families to create individualised care plans that take into account each person’s unique needs, interests and choices. We organise lots of different activities which promote wellbeing and help everyone to stay as active and independent as possible.
Elizabeth Lodge is set in beautiful landscaped gardens and the home itself is very elegant and stylish, with spacious rooms and living areas that are full of light. Everyone here is very friendly and we always have a big welcome ready for residents’ families and friends and anyone else who comes to visit.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.