- Job Reference
- Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Job Description
- Post Code
- OX16 OTD
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Role Highlights
Junior chef required to join our passionate team
£11 p/h plus excellent benefits!!
- Job Copy
If you’re an aspiring chef with experience gained in a high paced kitchen environment and are looking for a rewarding role offering great training, work life balance and the chance to be part of a catering team that are award winning, join Care UK as a Chef and make a real difference.
Being a Chef at Care UK
You will need to carry out all duties directed by the Head Chef, and Senior Staff in relation to meal preparations and orders, while maintaining food hygiene standards.
Chefs at Care UK are great at working with others. They enjoy sharing information and raising standards through culinary development, innovation and new ideas. They have access to a large supply chain for all catering requirements and the autonomy to create nutritious well balanced menus for everyone. They’re self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and happy to take responsibility for resolving issues that arise. And, they know how to maintain team discipline and morale within the kitchen. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
- Alternate weekend working and socilabe working hours
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into Head Chef opportunities
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
Our brand new purpose-built care home in North Bar Place in Banbury, Oxfordshire, opened in spring 2017.
Highmarket House is close to the centre of Banbury and provides the latest in luxurious facilities, combined with high quality round-the-clock care. Our dedicated and skilled teams offer a full range of residential and nursing care for older people, including short-term respite care, specialist care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, plus palliative and end of life care.
We believe that when a person moves into a care home they should be able to continue to enjoy the lifestyle that they always have – keeping busy, seeing friends, being pampered and enjoying great food. The only difference is that you, and your loved ones, can have the peace of mind that expert care is on hand 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.