- Job Reference
- Stanmore, Middlesex
- Job Description
- Post Code
- HA7 3BG
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Role Highlights
Laundry Assistant bank contract (0h)
Woodland Hall care home - Stanmore, HA7 3BG
Pay - £9.50
* To enable us to progress your application as quickly as possible, please ensure that you upload an up to date copy of your CV.
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services. Join our Hotel Services team and you’ll be playing a vital part in making residents’ lives better on a daily basis.
Whatever role you take on, you’ll be working as part of a close-knit team to improve the daily lives of the people we care for. You’ll be dedicated to achieving the highest standards and to providing the ultimate in customer service. You will also be flexible, reliable and love working as part of a team.
As a Laundry Assistant you’ll launder and iron our residents’ clothing to the highest standards, putting it away tidily and ensuring wardrobes and drawers are always clean and neat.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy
Skills & Experience
- Previous cleaning experience
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- A knowledge of health and safety
- An understanding of infection control
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
- Basic education, including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
Everything we do at Woodland Hall is designed to make residents feel completely at home.
Our modern purpose-built care home in Stanmore is set in a leafy residential area and provides tailored care and support for older people with a range of needs. We provide short respite stays through to full time residential dementia and nursing care. Our care home in Stanmore also has an intermediate rehabilitation suite for individuals who have recently come out of hospital and need some extra help and support before they return home.
We’re highly experienced in caring for people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia and our carers undertake specific dementia training, developed by Care UK’s own in-house experts. This provides our carers with a thorough insight into the challenges faced by people living with this condition and allows them to offer supportive and sensitive care.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.