- Job Reference
- Sidcup, Kent
- Job Description
- Post Code
- DA14 6LT
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Day 8am - 8pm / Night 8pm - 8am
- Role Highlights
Smyth Lodge are looking for Care Assistants to join their friendly team!
We are currently offering full or part time contracts working either day or night shifts, and in return for your hard work, we pay £11.00 - £12.00 per hour (From 1st April) depending on shifts and amazing benefits, including a £1000 joining bonus.
Location: Sidcup, Kent, DA14 6LF
Shift patterns: 8am - 8pm / 8pm - 8am
£1ph Overtime enhancement
- Job Copy
If you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding job with excellent training and great opportunities, join Care UK and make a real difference.
Are you interested in gaining access to your wages as you work? Care UK has a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay and is one of the many reasons to join the Care UK family.
Care Assistants at Care UK come from all walks of life, healthcare, support work, domiciliary, hospitality, retail, education and many others. We are looking for caring people to join the Care UK team who share the same values as us: care, passion and teamwork. You will have a strong desire to help people and put the residents at the heart of everything you do.
New to Care?
We have our own Learning Academy to provide excellent training and induction programs for all new staff members, meaning we will give you all the tools and knowledge you need to have a successful career with us. Our high quality, innovative training and coaching will support the development of your skills throughout your career with us.
We see the potential in everyone, let us help fulfil yours.
Here's what you can benefit from working with Care UK:
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay
- Award Winning Care Provider (Residential Care Provider of the Year - Health Investor Awards 2022 & more)
- Long service awards
- Discounted gym membership
- Concerts for Carers (apply for free tickets to concerts at a various venues)
- Competitive refer a friend bonus
- GEM Awards - we recognise colleagues who go the extra mile
- Career development, training and access to our approved apprenticeship scheme
- Hundreds of online and in-store discounts
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Annual purchase holiday scheme
- Wellbeing support
- Pension contribution
- Free uniform
- Access to PPE
- Weekly Covid testing
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping residents to remain as active and independent as possible
- Respecting residents’ rights of choice, privacy and dignity
- Support residents with personal care and mealtimes.
- Working as part of a team to identify residents’ unique goals and implement personalised care plans.
- Working flexibly to help residents explore new interests, engage in physical activities, and make sure they enjoy themselves in a stimulating and homely environment.
So, if you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding career, please click the apply button to speak to one of our team for more information.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers
- Where you'll work
Our ambitious growth plans saw us open another brand new care home in Sidcup in early 2019. Smyth Lodge provides you with a great opportunity to join a company who genuinely care about your development, providing the opportunities for you to progress. Set out across three floors our home will provide a fantastic environment for you to be able to deliver engaging and person centred care. We truly believe in encouraging our residents to be as independent as possible, whether they’re going to our cinema room to see the latest film, participating in our daily activity programme or having a catch up in our coffee shop with their friends and loved ones there is always plenty going on. As an award winning company we are looking for like-minded, passionate colleagues to join us in making our multi-million pound home a success.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.