- Job Reference
- Halstead, Essex
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CO9 2FF
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Role Highlights
Night Care Assistant
£10.17 -£10.57 (Dependent on Experience) plus excellent benefits!
Night Shifts (8pm - 8am)
Full time & bank available
- Job Copy
Your safety is our number one priority.
Care UKs safety promise ensures all residents, colleagues and visitors are safe and protected at all times. We have installed fogging machines, thermal cameras and there are hand santitising stations located throughout our homes. Care UK have also applied a regular testing programme for all colleagues and residents as well as investing in a good supply of PPE and infection control champions.
Being a Care Assistant at Care UK
Care Assistants at Care UK come from all walks of life - from retail to hospitality, or teaching to factory work. Regardless of your experience, as long as you have a passion for care, people skills and an ability to adapt, you already have the core skills and values that are perfect for a career in care. We offer exceptional training and development programmes for all employees, to help you fulfil your potential.
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours, including day, night or weekend shifts
- Free DBS
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
What you’ll be doing
Being a Care Assistant doesn’t just mean helping residents to remain as active and independent as possible while respecting their rights of choice, privacy and dignity. It means having fun and laughter with them and using your skills to help them deal with day-to-day difficulties like personal care and meal times. It invloves working as part of a team to identify their unique goals and implement personalised care plans. Put simply, it means making a difference - a real difference.
What you’ll need
Experience of caring for others would be useful, including looking after an elderly relative or friend. More important though is your kind-hearted nature, your belief in teamwork and your ability to priorotise a busy workload. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
Colne View, our welcoming care home in Halstead, Essex, opened in 2012. Since then we’ve developed it into a home where residents enjoy quality care while getting the most out of every day.
Our skilled and compassionate team provides a range of care services for older people, from day care and respite care, to residential care and nursing care, plus specialist care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. The team also offers specialist nursing dementia care and compassionate palliative and end of life care.
We’re skilled in delivering care that’s personalised to each resident’s needs, aims, interests and preferences. That approach applies to everything we do, from creating a tailored care plan for each person, through to the menus we create and the activities and outings we organise. Each resident’s experience at Colne View is as unique as they are.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.